Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back to the Beach

Physically, I returned home from Maui two days ago, but mentally I'm still on the beach, sipping Mai Tais and checking out the hot surfers. (Yeah, the girls, too.*) Our trip was amazingly fun and relaxing, and it reminded me once again that I really need to come up with a brilliant moneymaking scheme if I'm going to achieve my goal of retiring at 32.  It seems rather unlikely at this point, unless an unforeseen inheritance drops into my lap, so for now I'll have to content myself with just fantasizing about the life I would lead as a glamorous lady of leisure. Summers in the south of France, winters in Tahiti, perhaps — sounds lovely, n'est-ce pas? Here's what I would wear: 















Valentino paillette-embellished tote (you know, for the beach)


























In your fantasy life, what are you wearing? 




*Remember when the movie Blue Crush came out in 2002 and everyone wanted to be a gorgeous, tanned, toned surfer chick like Kate Bosworth? 



And then she became famous and started dating Orlando Bloom and stopped eating and lost about 30 pounds and looked like a scary, scary skeleton? 





Y-y-yeah. Good movie, though! 
Related Posts with Thumbnails