Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Wish List: Under $100

A lot of the posts on this blog centre around things that I want — mostly ridiculously expensive things that I want. It's tough being a Miu Miu kind of gal on an H&M budget.  With that in mind, and the holidays just around the corner, I've put together a wish list comprised entirely of items under $100. I'm sure tomorrow I'll go back to my frivolous, wanton Marie Antoinette-esque ways, but for now, here's a selection of fab wallet-friendly gifts I'd be thrilled to find under my Christmas tree: 



Love the colour, love the print, love the price. A fantastic alternative to the Mulberry laptop cases I'm still drooling over.



How awesome are these limited edition motorcycle rain boots? Cooler than wellies, and in support of a great cause, too: 
100% of the net profits from the sale of these boots will be donated to The AWEARNESS Fund, in partnership with amfAR (The Foundation for AIDS Research)



I'm a little obsessed with Kelly Wearstler (and definitely obsessed with bold colour), so this book is a must-have. 



(500) Days of Summer DVD

Hands down my favourite movie of 2009. It doesn't come out until December 22, but you can pre-order it now. (Hubs, PLEASE pre-order it now!)  P.S. You've seen THIS video, right? I could watch it all day long. My Joseph Gordon-Levitt crush is out of control. 



And the soundtrack too, please! 



A gorgeous, lavish new book about the legendary designer, written by his son Ashley Hicks. Want. 



I would kill to get a private tour of YSL's former residences. This is the next best thing. 



Savon de Marseille soap, body lotion and bubble bath
From the stylish packaging to the divine scents (I love Orange Blossom and Cherry Blossom in particular), La Compagnie de Provence makes the best bath products. 



A selection of John Hughes DVDs
Speaking as a child of the Eighties, the summer of 2009 was a terrible one. We lost Michael Jackson and Patrick Swayze, but the death that affected me most was that of John Hughes, whose movies are inextricably linked to my formative years. Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller's Day Off have always been among my all-time favourites, and over the holidays, I plan to honour Hughes's memory by watching them again and marvelling at the man's ability to capture the angst, awkwardness and excitement of adolescence so perfectly. 



This is the best red lip gloss I've ever found, but I go through it so quickly that I'm constantly running out. I'd love to find a couple of these in my stocking on Christmas morning.  



Lutz & Patmos Honeycomb pillow covers from West Elm 
Tina Lutz and Marcia Patmos are the queens of luxury knits. I absolutely adore their collection for West Elm; these cushion covers would transform any space into a cozy winter haven. 



Manzanita candelabra from West Elm
This would make a stunning centrepiece for a holiday table, but it would also look gorgeous year-round, even without candles. 



I need more Ikat in my life, and those insanely gorgeous Madeleine Weinrib pillows are too damn pricey. These bowls will tide me over until my long-lost rich family comes to find me. 



I have an addiction to coloured drinking glasses. I just bought eight new ones from Pottery Barn, but I want more more more! 



It's called the Dynasty, for f***'s sake. What's not to like? 



A girl can never, ever have too many cuff bracelets. This one is both delicate and edgy. 



Every year, my mother insists on buying me horrible, cheap-looking, too-short pajamas for Christmas. The size? Extra large. I wear a small. Maybe a medium on a bad day. Whenever I try to tell her this, she says, "Well, you don't want them skin-tight, DO YOU?" I don't know if she hates me or if I'm secretly adopted or what, but for once I would like to receive cute pajamas in my size. Is that really asking so much? 




There you have it. Hubs, you might want to bookmark this page. I suspect that part of the reason I started a blog in the first place was so I could write you a detailed list (with pictures!) of my Christmas demands. I'll bet you're sorry for encouraging me now, huh? 
Related Posts with Thumbnails