Monday, November 16, 2009

Everything's Bigger in Texas

Including my Visa bill, apparently. I'm currently in Dallas on a business trip, and after finishing our work today, my colleague and I hightailed it to NorthPark Center for a little retail therapy. It was intense, I tell you. We arrived at  the upscale mall around 6 pm, which left us three hours to shop if we didn't stop for silly things like bathroom breaks or dinner. (We didn't. We're pros.) I can't remember the last time I went on an actual shopping spree — oh, the adrenaline rush! The giddiness! The pangs of guilt quickly pushed aside in favour of pursuing even more pretty things to buy! It was effing fantastic. Here's what made the cut: 



A mint green cashmere sweater from J.Crew. So soft. So minty. I'm obsessed with the colour and the rolled hem. 



Two rose gold necklaces, also from J.Crew. Mmm, rose gold. My favourite metal. Impossible to resist. 



A metallic silver knitted hat. Not sure this will keep me warm all winter, but it's so damn cute! Also extremely sparkly in person. Sparkle to the power of awesome. 



And the pièce de résistance, suede booties by Salvatore Ferragamo. I die. This photo makes them look grey, but they're actually more of a pale greyish lavender. So gorgeous. I plan to wear them with tights and little dresses all winter. 



I just realized that everything I bought tonight matches perfectly with stylist Selina Lake's colour scheme for Christmas 2009. Love it. Be sure to check back here tomorrow for my exclusive interview with Selina. I'm off to pack and fondle my new shoes... 


P.S. Don't worry, Hubs. Everything I bought was on serious sale. Think of all the money I saved!
Related Posts with Thumbnails