Thursday, December 31, 2009

So Long, 2009

Today is the last day of 2009, and I'm home alone with a mile-long list of things to do before the party tonight but lacking the will to accomplish any of them quite yet. Instead, I'm contemplating this past year and wondering what the next will bring. 2009 was particularly rough for a lot of people, and I've certainly had my ups and downs over the last 12 months. I bought my first home; celebrated my one-year wedding anniversary; became obsessed with decorating; switched jobs; realized the new job wasn't at all what I expected; felt lucky even to have a job considering the dire state of the publishing industry; travelled to Spain, Maui, New York, Dallas, Miami, Raleigh, Santa Fe, Montreal, St. John's and, uh, Winnipeg; didn't go to the gym; spent too much money on Starbucks, magazines and eating out; made some great new friends in Toronto and managed (mostly) to keep in touch with the people I love who are spread out all over the world; discovered Lady Gaga and Moroccan Oil; mourned the loss of some of the icons of my youth; laughed a fair amount and cried more than I would have liked; watched the sun rise from the top of a volcano; took a few excellent naps; and started this little blog. 


What was 2009 like for you? And have you made any resolutions for 2010? I'm not going to share all of mine here, but they include finally learning to drive, spending more time outside, figuring out a way to get a job I really love, and reading the damn instruction manual for my camera so that I can stop treating my expensive DSLR like a basic point-and-shoot. I'd also like to find time to do the things that are really, truly important, like curling up on the couch with a blanket and a cup of tea, watching the winter frost form delicate, spidery patterns on the window and being grateful for warmth, health, love and kitties. 


















Happy New Year! xox


Click here for photo sources
Related Posts with Thumbnails