Friday, February 5, 2010

Spring Colour Palette: Peach and Grey

Speaking of peach in Wednesday's post, one of my favourite colour combos has always been peachy pink and grey. That was the colour scheme I used for my wedding, and my wardrobe is filled with variations of those shades. Right now I have a vase filled with beautiful apricot roses sitting on the coffee table next to the grey couch in my grey-walled living room, and I can't get enough of the gorgeous contrast. Naturally that means I can't leave well enough alone — I want more, more, more. 


Imagine how exquisite this Coralie bed from Anthropologie would be made up with luxurious, cloud-like peach bedding. 


This bleach-dye quilt from Urban Outfitters would look great casually draped across the foot of the bed. 


I desperately need to own this grey zebra-print pillow from West Elm. Hubs will be thrilled to know that a trip to West Elm is in his very near future. He loves driving me there. 


How sweet is the Gloria's Garden floral rug from Anthropologie? Want. 


I'm digging these Moroccan-inspired Medina mirrored wall sconces from West Elm. You could stick a blush-coloured pillar candle on one and fill the room with a lovely soft glow. 


This Fluffy Elephant floor cushion from Anthro is way too cute. I'd leave it out for my cats to sleep on. 


And their Buzzwords pillow would look fab on my grey couch. 


How sweet is this Glass Parlor box from Urban Outfitters? I'd put it in my bathroom to store Q-tips and makeup remover pads, 


What woman can resist a great big knob? Har. Seriously though, Anthro's Gemstone and Galaxy knobs are lovely and would look great on a vintage (or vintage-looking) cabinet or chest of drawers. 


What's prettier than mercury glass? Pink-tinged mercury glass, of course.  I'm really lusting after the Metals & Petals vase from Anthropologie. 


Love the waffle-weave Vanity Top towel, also from Anthro — it's printed with an image of an oversized vintage tonic bottle. This would make a great hostess gift. 


The silver foil pillow from Urban Outfitters would work well in either a living room or a bedroom, adding a touch of glamour to both spaces. 


What's your favourite spring colour combo? 
Related Posts with Thumbnails