10. Julianne Moore in Calvin Klein CollectionShe's not taking any risks, but her pale shimmery column dress, paired with diamond cuff bracelets and an emerald ring, looks amazing against her porcelain skin and deep auburn hair. Classic and glamourous.
9. Helen Mirren in Badgley MischkaImpeccable taste, plus a body that's the envy of women half her age. How does she do it? I dream of looking this good in my sixties. Hell, I'd be happy to look this good in my forties.
8. Anna Kendrick in Elie Saab Haute CoutureIt's nice to see Kendrick in something age-appropriate — she's been known to wear fusty-looking old-lady dresses on the red carpet — and that blush colour is lovely on her.
7. Sigourney Weaver in LanvinSmokin' hot. If I had my way, I'd do without the shoulder brooch, since it competes too much with the satin ribbon-belt, but overall she looks freaking fantastic.
6. Cameron Diaz in Oscar de la RentaI've never been a big Cameron Diaz fan ("Look at me! I fart and burp during interviews and dance around in my underwear in every single movie I make! Aren't I cute?") but I can't deny that she looks gorgeous in this gold-sequinned gown.
5. Jake Gyllenhaal in BurberryHee hee hee hee Jake Gyllenhaal hee hee hee hee. Ahem.
4. Diane Kruger in Chanel Haute CoutureSimply put, the woman's a fashion goddess. One question, though: Where was Pacey? He's always the perfect accessory and he goes with everything. His absence may well be the reason Kruger is only #4 on this extremely important, completely unbiased list.
3. Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab Haute CoutureBeyond beautiful. McAdams looks fresh and sweet and elegant (and absolutely thrilled to be at the Oscars!). What a cutie.
2. Maggie Gyllenhaal in Dries Van NotenI've already mentioned that I worship at the altar of Mr. Van Noten , and Gyllenhaal gets DVN totally, totally right. Definitely one of her best-ever red carpet looks.
1. Carey Mulligan in PradaI adore Mulligan's style. She's new on the scene but she's already made some really interesting, fashion-forward choices and has managed to find a balance between sexy and adorable. I can't wait to see how her look evolves.
What was your favourite Oscars 2010 look?
All photos via Style.com